Providing parents with the skills they need to develop cooperation, responsibility, and good character in their children.
Parenting Skills That Work
Times have changed. And different times call for new parenting skills—especially today, when drug dealers and other negative influencers know how to motivate your children better than you do.
So, What Do You Do?
If neither the old autocratic ways nor the newer permissive methods work, what does?
This unique, six-week program helps you gain the skills you need to guide your children through what is certainly the most turbulent period of their lives.
Active Parenting is a group-centered program where you share real experiences with real parents. Through authentic situations, parents learn how to handle specific situations, guided by an experienced group leader who understands your challenges.
Together, You Discover
- Why old “reward-and-punishment” techniques almost always backfire.
- How raising your voice diminishes your effectiveness.
- How to communicate your values about sex, drugs, and alcohol, and other topics your teens need to hear from you.
Together, You Learn How To:
- Discipline, not punish.
- Give freedom yet maintain constructive limits.
- Lose an argument and win your child’s confidence, respect, and affection.